Furnace & Heating Maintenance Services in Gaithersburg, Maryland
None of us want to deal with furnace problems, especially during the chilly winters in Maryland. Avoid costly furnace repairs by scheduling annual maintenance for your heating system. At GAC, our HVAC contractors are nationally-certified and undergo extensive training on proper heating system maintenance.
Trust us to provide comprehensive services that keep your furnace in optimal condition and ensure your comfort throughout the year.
Furnace Maintenance Plans
Join our Prime Maintenance Membership to receive award-winning HVAC services, in addition to:
- Priority service
- Annual tune-ups (semi-annually)
- 20% discount on all HVAC repairs
- 10% discount on electrical repairs
- Reduced service fee
- Monthly newsletter
- Extreme weather preparedness alerts
Benefits of Regular Furnace Maintenance
While it’s certainly beneficial to have your furnace regularly maintained for its longevity and overall well-being, there are additional advantages that you may not be aware of. Here are some of the key benefits of a furnace tune-up:
- Increased Energy Efficiency: A well-maintained furnace operates more efficiently, requiring less fuel to provide optimal performance. Whether you have a gas or electric furnace, improved efficiency translates to lower energy costs and greater savings.
- Reduced CO2 Risk: Regular maintenance allows our professional technicians to detect potential hazards such as gas leaks or carbon monoxide emissions. With timely furnace maintenance, you can mitigate the risks associated with gas leaks and ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.
- Minimized Breakdown Risks: Our expert technicians thoroughly inspect your furnace, identifying and addressing issues like malfunctioning parts or loose electrical connections. By addressing these problems proactively, you can avoid unexpected breakdowns and ensure uninterrupted heating for your home.
- Warranty Protection: Keeping up with regular maintenance helps maintain the validity of your furnace’s warranty. Most manufacturer warranties require proper maintenance for up to 10 years. By scheduling regular tune-ups, you preserve your warranty and have the assurance of potential coverage in the future.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: A comprehensive furnace tune-up includes the removal of accumulated dust and debris, leading to cleaner air in your home. By reducing dirt and pollutants in your heating system, you’ll enjoy better indoor air quality, promoting healthier living conditions.
Contact us at (301) 205-5082 today to schedule a furnace tune-up service with GAC Services. You can also visit our website to learn more about how we can assist you.
Signs You Need Furnace Maintenance
To stay on top of your furnace’s performance, we recommend signing up for our premium maintenance service. This alleviates the need to manage and schedule the maintenance yourself. It’s also important to recognize common signs that your furnace is having issues. Here are a few signs your furnace needs maintenance:
- Strange Noises: If you hear banging, clanking, or grating noises coming from your furnace, it’s time to schedule a furnace maintenance visit. These sounds could indicate a loose belt, a problem with the ignition, or other issues.
- Old Furnace: The average life span of a furnace is anywhere between 10 and 20 years. If your furnace is more than 10 years old, it’s especially important to schedule regular maintenance.
- Strange Smells: A strange smell coming from your furnace could be a sign you have a dirty filter or a faulty electrical component.
- Abnormally High Utility Bills: If your energy bills are abnormally high, your furnace may not be running properly. This is because malfunctioning components can cause your furnace to work much harder to maintain a comfortable temperature.
- Discomfort: A well-functioning furnace should effectively maintain comfortable temperatures in your home. However, if you find that turning up your thermostat fails to warm your house adequately, it’s a clear indication that immediate furnace maintenance is necessary.
There are other signs that your furnace needs maintenance or repair, but these are the most common.
What’s Included in a Furnace Maintenance Visit?
When you schedule a furnace maintenance visit, your technician will perform a number of important tasks. During a maintenance visit, our technicians will:
- Examine your vents for leaks or blockages
- Inspect your heat exchanger for corrosion, separations, or cracks
- Test the seal on your blower access door
- Examine the burner for proper ignition and test the flame sensor to ensure it operates correctly
- Lubricate the motor’s moving parts
- Inspect the blower and cleaning components, including the blower wheel to make sure it’s free of dirt or debris
If you have any questions about our furnace maintenance services, a GAC Services contractor will be happy to answer your questions!
Call GAC at (301) 205-5082, or contact us online today for a furnace tune-up.
How Often Do Furnaces Need Tune-Ups?
It’s ideal to have your heater cleaned and inspected in the fall, before the first use of the season. This allows our heating and cooling experts to detect potential repair issues, preventing them from escalating into more significant and costly problems. For further details regarding our comprehensive furnace repair and maintenance services, contact GAC today.
Join GAC's Prime Maintenance Membership
Financing Options Available
At GAC, we understand how important a functioning HVAC system is for your home. This is why we offer flexible financing options to help you take care of your new HVAC purchase, so you can get back to taking care of what matters most to you.
A well-maintained HVAC system can save you from having to invest in costly repairs down the road. Learn more about the priority maintenance services offered by GAC Services.