The big focus on handling your own projects and tasks we see these days can be, in many ways, a very good thing. People are learning new skills, saving money, and learning a whole lot about how to care for their homes. However, there are plenty of larger projects that should remain in the hands of a trained professional, and installing a gas furnace is among them.
Why Can’t I Install My Own Gas Furnace?
In short, because the average homeowner lacks the training and experience necessary to perform the task properly, effectively, and most importantly, safely. Gas furnaces are a big deal and have tons of parts, many of which can expose an untrained layman to tons of personal dangers.
In order to become a certified HVAC contractor, an individual must go through a rigorous and extensive learning and training process. The process includes obtaining a two-year associate’s degree, completion of a certification program, and then there’s a long process of apprenticeship which typically lasts 3-5 years. That is a lot of time in order to become capable of installing a furnace, and it’s for good reason.
The installation process involves:
- Selecting the appropriate furnace. You absolutely cannot simply select whatever is on hand and go ahead with an install. This is how many homeowners end up with a furnace that is too large or too small, costing lots of money and leading to a very short lifespan for the unit. The proper system must be selected according to your needs using heating load calculations, a knowledge of local climate, and a knowledge of all heating system types.
- Handling electrical components, combustion equipment, and sharp metals. There is absolutely nothing safe about installing a furnace. If you’ve never handled sheet metal then you might not know that though they don’t look very dangerous, the edges are actually razor-sharp and can do serious damage. And that’s nothing compared to handling electrical systems and the combustion aspects of a gas furnace. A poor installation can lead to far worse than just a poorly performing furnace—it can lead to gas leaks, carbon monoxide, and even serious house fires.
- Performing an accurate installation. Any single incorrect calculation or connection, any at all, can lead to your furnace just plain not working. Or even worse, it can lead to the furnace breaking completely, which will waste your time and your money—and lots of it.
Are There Benefits to Professional Gas Furnace Installation?
Outside of having a properly functioning furnace, yes there are many. By having a trained, licensed, and knowledgeable professional handle the installation you’ll benefit from:
- Fast service. A complete gas furnace installation can take as little as a handful of hours in the hands of a professional. Handling it on your own, on the other hand, can take days or even weeks.
- Dependable furnace systems. Specialists handle the best brands and names out there including Bryant, ensuring you get a product that is not only suited to your needs but is also capable of performing well for years to come.
- Excellent warranties. Authorized dealers gain access to cost-saving perks and advantages, among which are the most competitive warranties available.
- Knowledge of modern heating equipment. Every single year, gas furnaces change in design, requiring that a professional stay up-to-date with all the new technology and tools available.
Contact GAC Services for Gas Furnace Installation in Gaithersburg, MD
Attempting to handle a gas furnace installation on your own will lead to wasted time and money, and it can also pose serious health risks! If you’re seeking a service team that can perform gas furnace or electric furnace installation in Maryland then, you have come to the right place.
Financing Options Available
At GAC, we understand how important a functioning HVAC system is for your home. This is why we offer flexible financing options to help you take care of your new HVAC purchase, so you can get back to taking care of what matters most to you.
A well-maintained HVAC system can save you from having to invest in costly repairs down the road. Learn more about the priority maintenance services offered by GAC Services.