GAC Services’ FAQs
Think about all the heavy-duty equipment we rely on daily to keep us safe and comfortable. From air conditioners keeping us cool during the summer to heaters keeping us warm in the winter to electrical systems giving us the ability to work and navigate through our homes, these devices are highly complex. Before purchasing new units or attempting repairs, you need to understand as much as possible to protect your investments and make informed decisions.
Our experts at GAC Services help home and business owners in Frederick County, Montgomery County, and Howard County, Maryland, with installations, repairs, and maintenance. Reach out to us today and let us know what questions you have.
We’ve compiled lists of various electrical and HVAC FAQs to help you.
Question: What’s the Typical Lifespan of an HVAC System?
- Answer: The average lifespan for heating and cooling systems is around 15 to 20 years. However, regular maintenance and quality installation can impact its longevity.
Question: What’s the Right Size HVAC System for My Home?
- Answer: To help you find the best unit possible, our experts will examine your home or commercial building and consider factors like size, insulation, windows, climate, and more, to determine the appropriate systems.
Question: What’s the Importance of Regular HVAC Maintenance?
- Answer: Regular maintenance keeps your system efficient, prolongs its lifespan, improves indoor air quality, and reduces the risk of costly breakdowns.
Question: Are There Ways to Improve Energy Efficiency?
- Answer: Yes. Routine maintenance, sealing ducts, proper insulation, programmable thermostats, and upgrading to energy-efficient models can significantly improve your energy efficiency.
Question: What Are the Signs That My HVAC System Needs Repair?
- Answer: Warning signs include inconsistent temperature, poor airflow, unusual odors, frequent cycling, or increased energy bills. These may signal the need for professional repair.
Question: Why Do I Need Regular Electrical Inspections?
- Answer: Regular inspections ensure your electrical system remains safe and up to code. They detect potential hazards, prevent overloads, and identify outdated components, reducing the risk of electrical fires.
How Often Should I Upgrade My Electrical System?
- Answer: Upgrades depend on factors like the age of your home, electrical load demands, and the introduction of new appliances. A professional assessment can determine when upgrades are necessary.
Question: What Are the Signs of Electrical Issues?
- Answer: Signs include flickering lights, frequent circuit tripping, sparking outlets, warm switches, and burning odors. These issues indicate potential hazards and should be addressed promptly.
Question: Why Is Professional Installation Important?
- Answer: Professional installation ensures compliance with electrical codes, reduces the risk of safety hazards, and guarantees optimal performance of your electrical system and devices.
Air Quality FAQs
Question: Why is Indoor Air Quality Important?
- Answer: Promoting good indoor air quality is important for maintaining overall health, preventing health issues related to poor air quality, and creating a comfortable living environment.
Question: What Factors Affect Indoor Air Quality?
- Answer: Key factors that can influence indoor air quality include ventilation systems, pollutants (allergens, mold, and volatile organic compounds), and humidity levels.
Question: What’s the Role of Air Filters?
- Answer: Air filters capture and remove airborne particles, such as dust, pollen, allergens, and pollutants, to improve indoor air quality and protect HVAC systems from debris buildup.
Question: What Are the Signs of Poor Indoor Air Quality?
- Answer: Recognize the symptoms and signs indicating poor IAQ, such as allergies, respiratory issues, persistent odors, and the importance of addressing them promptly to maintain a healthy living environment.
Question: What Is a Backup Generator, and How Does It Work?
- Answer: A backup generator is a device that automatically activates when your electricity fails. It provides electricity to essential appliances and systems, ensuring your home remains functional during power outages.
Question: Why Do I Need a Backup Generator?
- Answer: Backup generators are crucial for uninterrupted power supply during emergencies. They keep vital systems running, such as heating/cooling, refrigeration, medical equipment, and security systems, ensuring your family’s safety and comfort.
Question: Can a Backup Generator Power My Entire House?
- Answer: Generators are typically sized to power essential appliances and systems, such as lights, heating/cooling, and refrigeration. It’s crucial to discuss your specific power needs with a professional to determine the appropriate generator size.
Question: How Long Can a Backup Generator Run?
- Answer: The runtime depends on the generator’s fuel capacity and usage. Generators connected to a natural gas line can run indefinitely, while propane-fueled ones run as long as there’s propane available.
Are you in need of installation, repair, or maintenance services in Frederick County, Montgomery County, and Howard County, Maryland? Contact us today or call us at (301) 945-8397 to schedule an appointment with our team.
Financing Options Available
At GAC, we understand how important a functioning HVAC system is for your home. This is why we offer flexible financing options to help you take care of your new HVAC purchase, so you can get back to taking care of what matters most to you.
A well-maintained HVAC system can save you from having to invest in costly repairs down the road. Learn more about the priority maintenance services offered by GAC Services.