Your Local Montgomery, Frederick, Howard County and Carroll County Air Quality Experts
Have you ever noticed that the air in your Maryland home is drier during the cold winter months than during the summer? When you run your heating system during the winter, it often results in dry skin, sore throats, chapped lips, and other discomfort. Your home’s dry environment can also cause hardwood floors, doorways, furniture, or drywall to separate and/or crack! Avoid a dry home and add moisture to your home with an Aprilaire humidifier from GAC Services.
GAC Services is a full-service HVAC contractor servicing Montgomery, Frederick & Howard Counties, MD.
How Does a Humidifier Work?
Did you know that humidifying your indoor air (adding moisture to it) is as beneficial to your family’s comfort and health as heating your home? Relative humidity (RH) indicates the amount of water vapor (expressed as a percentage) that’s actually in the air compared to the maximum amount of water the air could hold under the same conditions. The warmer the air, the more moisture it can hold.
With an Aprilaire humidifier from GAC Services, we’ll install a humidifying system that accurately monitors and maintains optimal humidity levels in your Maryland home.
Recommended Indoor Humidity Levels
Take a look at the table below for recommended indoor humidity levels as outdoor temperatures decrease in Maryland:
Outdoor Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
Recommended Humidity Percentage (%)
Benefits of Aprilaire Humidifiers
There are many benefits to installing an Aprilaire humidifier in your home, including:
- Increased home comfort– A humidifier can help reduce dryness in your Maryland home by monitoring and maintaining optimal humidity levels depending on outdoor temperatures.
- Lower energy bills– Save money this winter by installing an Aprilaire humidifier! According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), you could save up to 4% on heating costs this winter by installing a humidifier so you feel more comfortable in your Maryland home.
- Home protection– Avoid damage to your floors, furniture, and walls and install an Aprilaire humidifier from GAC Services.
- Improved health– Symptoms associated with dry air such as bloody noses, dry mouth, dry or itchy eyes, sore throats, cracked or itchy skin, and static shocks can all be reduced or eliminated with an Aprilaire humidifier!
Our Humidifier Installation Process
Before recommending which Aprilaire humidifier you should install in your Maryland home, we’ll send one of our licensed HVAC technicians to perform a comprehensive analysis of your windows, doors, and other places where air can seep in. Using the information gathered, we can determine whether a humidifier will perform as expected. We’ll also find areas in your Maryland home where minor improvements can improve the comfort of your home (e.g. weatherstripping, insulating, sealing duct work, etc.).
Ready to add a humidifier to your Maryland home? Give your local indoor air quality experts at GAC a call! Dial (301) 482-0515 or contact us online to schedule your service today.
Why Choose GAC to Install Your Aprilaire Humidifier?
At GAC Services, we pride ourselves on being professional and friendly with each service we provide. We believe it’s why so many Montgomery, Frederick, and Howard County residents turn to us for their heating, cooling, and air quality needs. If you’re looking for reliable HVAC service for your Maryland home, look no further than GAC. Give us a call today and see why your neighbors trust us with all of their HVAC needs!
If you wish to install an Aprilaire humidifier in your Frederick or Montgomery County home, contact GAC Services or give us a (301) 482-0515!
Join GAC's Prime Maintenance Membership
- High-performance seasonal tune-ups
- 20% discount on heating and cooling services
- 10% off electrical repairs
- Emergency service
- Reduced diagnostic fee
- And more!
Financing Options Available
At GAC, we understand how important a functioning HVAC system is for your home. This is why we offer flexible financing options to help you take care of your new HVAC purchase, so you can get back to taking care of what matters most to you.
A well-maintained HVAC system can save you from having to invest in costly repairs down the road. Learn more about the priority maintenance services offered by GAC Services.