A problem with your HVAC system equates to a problem with the livability of your home. When your air conditioner breaks down in the height of summer or your heating system cuts off in the middle of a frigid winter night, GAC Services can provide prompt and friendly service to restore comfort to your family.
Our licensed HVAC technicians have extensive experience and training to diagnose and repair any make and model HVAC system, including Bryant heating and cooling equipment. Our HVAC company offers the following HVAC services in Bethesda, MD, and the surrounding area:
GAC Services is the most trusted HVAC company in Bethesda for heating and AC repairs. Contact us to schedule your HVAC repair service or request an estimate here. Call (240) 233-8498 for immediate service!
Common Signs Your Bethesda Home Needs AC Repairs
No matter how careful you are, you will experience problems with your air conditioner from time to time. Sometimes, your system will show signs before a full breakdown. If you are noticing any of these issues, then you need to call GAC Services for AC repair help in Bethesda:
- Warm or hot air is coming from your registers. Your cooling system should be cooling your home, not heating it. This often means problems with the condenser, compressor, or air filter. It can also be a refrigerant issue.
- Energy bills are increasing. Higher-than-usual energy bills are a sign that something’s wrong. If you’re running your air when the bills shoot up, it could be an inefficiency in the system.
- The system isn’t turning on and off as it should. This is a key sign you need to give the pros at GAC Services a call!
- The system’s coils are frozen. Refrigerant leaks and dirty filters can both cause this problem, but always have it checked by a professional.
- The AC is leaking. Fluid leaking from the outdoor unit needs immediate attention. The fluid on an inside unit may be condensation, but it’s best to have it checked out to rule out issues.
- Your home has inconsistent temperatures. If one room is getting plenty cool while other rooms are hot, it is a clear sign that something is off with your air conditioner.
If these things are happening in your home, you need to get help right away. If left unaddressed, these issues can cause a full system breakdown. Call (240) 233-8498 for AC repair in Bethesda.
Can I Catch AC Problems Before Warning Signs?
It is possible to catch problems before they grow into warning signs. To see if your Bethesda air conditioner is working as it should, ask yourself:
- Are my utility costs staying consistent? As long as you’re not changing the temperature on your thermostat or dealing with a heatwave outside, your energy bills should stay consistent.
- Does my system emit abnormal sounds? Squeaks, bangs, and persistent clicking are not normal and indicate a problem.
- Does my home feel humid? A properly functioning air conditioner should remove humidity from the air inside your Bethesda home.
- Has my system been serviced? A maintenance appointment is an important first step in protecting your home’s air conditioner.
AC Repair in Bethesda, MD
If your air conditioner is not cooling your home to comfortable levels, don’t sweat! Call GAC Services for a repair estimate. In the sticky days of summer, we understand that you need AC repairs ASAP when your air conditioner breaks. We’ll quickly repair your air conditioner to restore comfort to your home and return it to being a cool summer haven.
Furnace Repair in Bethesda, MD
For furnace problems during the winter, GAC Services offers fast heating system repairs in Bethesda and the surrounding areas. We minimize downtime with 24/7 emergency service, so our technicians can diagnose the issue causing your heating system to malfunction and repair it as soon as possible. Our service vehicles come fully stocked with the most commonly needed parts to ensure rapid recovery for your furnace and comfort!
Signs You Need Furnace Repair in Bethesda, MD
The worst way to discover that you need furnace repair is to end up with a non-functional furnace in the middle of the night or on a cold weekend. While furnace repair emergencies can happen, furnaces usually give a sign that they are starting to fail. If you can spot these signs and take action before you suffer a furnace failure, you can schedule a repair appointment before a breakdown occurs. Some signs that you may need to schedule furnace repair in your Bethesda home include:
- Unusual smells – If you notice a distinctive smell when your furnace runs, it can indicate a problem. Keep in mind that a burning smell at the start of the heating season is expected as the dust burns out of the system.
- Unit will not start – If the unit is not starting, you likely need a repair. This can be caused by wiring problems that require professional service.
- Insufficient heat– Insufficient heat will impact your home’s comfort level. A professional can determine the cause of the problem and the best way to get even heating again.
- Unusual noises – If the furnace is making loud or unusual noises, it can indicate a problem with the belt or the fan. Loud noises and banging noises are more severe and may indicate loose components inside your furnace.
- Air quality problems– A professional furnace inspection may be in order if your home has high dust levels or other air quality problems.
If you notice any of these signs or symptoms, you will need to have a professional look at your furnace.
Heat Pump Repair in Bethesda, MD
Your heat pump works twice as hard as other HVAC systems because it works year-round to keep your home comfortable. Our factory-trained and nationally certified HVAC technicians have the expertise needed to diagnose and repair your heat pump at any time of year.
Prime Maintenance Plan
The best way to prevent the need for emergency service is to have routine maintenance performed on your HVAC systems. Become a member of our HVAC company’s Prime Maintenance Plan to save money on maintenance and reduce the likelihood of costly repairs in the future.
Contact our Bethesda HVAC company to learn more about our Prime Maintenance Plan.
Is a Tune-Up Necessary for My Bethesda Furnace?
Furnace maintenance is crucial to keeping your furnace in top working order and avoiding costly breakdowns. It can also help your furnace run more efficiently, saving you money on your energy bills and extending the life of your unit. You should have a tune-up at least once a year, preferably right before the cold weather starts each year.
A standard tune-up service takes only an hour or two, and the cost will be based on the service, plus any needed component replacements and additional services. During a tune-up, your furnace will get a thorough system inspection and cleaning, performance evaluation, electrical system calibration and checks, and more. Join our maintenance program to save money on tune-ups and ensure a long life for your furnace!
Schedule HVAC Services in Bethesda from GAC Services
The GAC difference is based on focusing on what our customers want, then working to exceed their expectations. Upfront pricing, timely service, factory-trained and nationally certified technicians, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee are just a few of the ways we fulfill our customers’ wishes.
In addition to being recognized as one of the best customer service experiences in Maryland, we’ve also earned industry-wide recognition for the quality of our work. GAC Services was named the 2015 ACCA Residential Contractor of the Year. That means we were named the best residential contractor in America by the industry’s leading indoor environment and energy efficiency organization.
Our commitment to excellence and our friendly professionals has helped us satisfy tens of thousands of customers throughout Maryland over the years. Join them in becoming one of our customers for life when you experience the GAC difference!
Join GAC's Prime Maintenance Membership
- High-performance seasonal tune-ups
- 20% discount on heating and cooling services
- 10% off electrical repairs
- Emergency service
- Reduced diagnostic fee
- And more!
Financing Options Available
At GAC, we understand how important a functioning HVAC system is for your home. This is why we offer flexible financing options to help you take care of your new HVAC purchase, so you can get back to taking care of what matters most to you.
A well-maintained HVAC system can save you from having to invest in costly repairs down the road. Learn more about the priority maintenance services offered by GAC Services.