Providing Air Conditioner Repair in Germantown Since 1970!
A broken air conditioner is something nobody wants to deal with, especially during the hot, humid days common to the Germantown area. Your home should be a cool relief from the outdoors, which is why when you need air conditioner repair, you need it fast. If you’re tired of dealing with the annoyance and discomfort of a broken-down air conditioner, there’s only one name you need to know—GAC Services!
Signs Your Germantown Home Needs AC Repair
Here are some common signs to look for to determine if you should call GAC Services for AC repair in Germantown:
- Your air conditioner doesn’t cycle on or off.
- Your energy bills have increased.
- Your registers are dispensing warm or hot air.
- Your air conditioner makes loud or strange noises.
- Your air conditioner’s coils are frozen.
- Your air conditioner is leaking.
- You notice inconsistent temperatures in your home.
If you experience any of the signs above, call us immediately at (240) 233-8498 for professional AC repair in Germantown.
During our AC repairs, we will inspect your entire cooling system to ensure we properly diagnose your AC unit and repair it as quickly as possible—restoring comfort and peace of mind to your family.
Catching AC Problems Before the Warning Signs
You don’t necessarily need to wait until true problems manifest with your home’s air conditioner to know that something is wrong. To keep your cooling system in order, it’s helpful to ask these questions:
- Are my costs maintaining? Sudden spikes in cost are sure signs that something is amiss, but even mild changes can denote a possible future issue. To keep this recognizable, it’s best to keep a very consistent temperature in the home, say 70 or 72. That way, when changes in your bill occur, you know for a fact that thermostat changes aren’t the cause.
- What are “normal” AC sounds? A few sounds are of no concern at all, and knowing these can help you separate the risky from the mundane. Get acquainted with the sound of your cooling system engaging, as it will often click a bit when starting and stopping. It’s only a problem if the sound persists for longer than a few seconds.
- How long can my air conditioner go without service? Typically we would recommend getting your cooling system a tune-up and maintenance service once a year, and the same goes for your heating. By getting routine care, you can avoid the most common repair risks outright, saving you loads of stress and cost in your home.
- Does the air in my home feel humid? Does the air in your home feel clammy or damp? If you notice changes in home relative humidity, the problem could lie with windows, doors, the attic, or with your cooling system itself. If you’re having humidity problems, we recommend an energy audit to locate and deal with the issues.
Choose GAC Services for AC Repair in Germantown
Our Germantown AC repair team has been helping residents maximize their in-home comfort since 1970, and we don’t plan on stopping. We provide AC repair to all makes and models of air conditioners.
Join GAC's Prime Maintenance Membership
- High-performance seasonal tune-ups
- 20% discount on heating and cooling services
- 10% off electrical repairs
- Emergency service
- Reduced diagnostic fee
- And more!
Financing Options Available
At GAC, we understand how important a functioning HVAC system is for your home. This is why we offer flexible financing options to help you take care of your new HVAC purchase, so you can get back to taking care of what matters most to you.
A well-maintained HVAC system can save you from having to invest in costly repairs down the road. Learn more about the priority maintenance services offered by GAC Services.